The annual Parkes Show is always an exciting time, but the lead up to it is very busy for our little club. The wonderful display of photographs each year would not be possible without:
- The wonderful people who go to the effort of entering their best shots
- The ladies who take the entries at the show office
- Frances Thornton (club secretary) who organises all the prints and digital images into the correct categories and prepares the sheets for marking places on
- All the club members who help put out the images for the judge
- The expert judge Neil Skinner who traveled from Orange
- All the people who volunteer their time in the days before the show to help clean the pavilion and hang the prints
Here are some images of the members getting the pavilion ready
Pictured (L-R) Frances, Denis, Steve, (Joanne & Catherine hiding), Barry, Marg, (Ciara hiding) Warrick and Tim
Pictured (L-R) Joanne, Ciara and Warrick
Almost done and with just enough space!
This year there was over 500 prints entered showing that photography (including prints) is still very relevant, even with all the smart devices we have today.
Hope you enjoyed the display and slideshow of digital images. If you would like to join us at the Parkes Camera Club the next meeting is on Tuesday the 1st of October, held the the Parkes Neighbourhood Centre at 7:30pm. We will be holding an action/sport photography competition.